[RE-wrenches] Appliances for off-grid home

Jerry Shafer jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 20:48:41 PST 2014

I have supplied power systems for 300 sF to 5000sF homes and it does not
ever seam to pencil out using these small but bulky appliances, we always
end up at Sears or some large retailer that has high end energy star
products from refriges to induction ranges to super quiet dish washers. you
can add a few panels for all the saving of the products you buy and there
are service techs that not only can but are willing to fix things when they
need service. spend the cash on better batteries, US made modules and
appliances.

foot note: I have a customer that paid less for two stainless friges then
his last propane in the ass frig cost him, and they dont use much power and
are 24 QF each. Going off grid does not need to be a step back but rather a
leap forward
Jerry