[RE-wrenches] propane generator

Mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 20:43:03 PST 2014

Hi Gary et al,

I meant to comment on this 15 kW Ecogen unit.  This will be utilizing
relatively new variable speed technology that Generac has developed.  When
the load is low, it decreases the engine rpm.  In order to keep 60 Hz
waveform at varying speed, it has a very fancy voltage regulation unit that
actually can "spin" the stator field backwards around the slowing rotor.

 Time will tell whether or not this technology will be robust enough for
off-grid abuse.  I am glad to see some innovation in this area.

Cheers