[RE-wrenches] Preventing 24/7 Transformer Losses

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Nov 14 11:19:12 PST 2014

Garrison:

Are you sure you need a transformer to connect directly to the 3 phase?  I
believe the system you refer to is an open-delta.  We've installed the old
SB2500 units on open-delta before.  This was before the neutral sensing
requirements, however.  Many inverters have provisions for disabling the
neutral sense, if that would help.  I'd verify there is actually a need for
a transformer.

William

PS:  I do remember that I incorrectly ordered 208 inverters for the
open-delta installation referred to above.  It was actually a 240 volt three
phase.  The SB2500s had to be specified for the correct voltage.  I had to
eat a lot of freight to get 5 inverters reconfigured..

Wm

Gradient Cap_mini
Lic 773985
 <http://www.millersolar.com/> millersolar.com