[RE-wrenches] Code reference request

Dana Brandt dana at ecotechenergy.com
Mon Nov 3 12:06:13 PST 2014

I think I'm a bit confused on this point. I can't seem to find the code
that specifically exempts the GEC requirement for inverters of ungrounded
PV systems. The only exception I can find is only for AC PV modules (2014
NEC 690.47 (C) ).

I just looked in the installation manual for Solectria's new TL inverters
and found this:
"Per NEC 690.47, a GEC must be installed, and the Grounding Electrode
Terminal (GET) conductor must be sized in accordance with NEC article
250.166."

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Dana