[RE-wrenches] ITC for solar water pumping on a ranch

Bob-O Schultze bob-o at electronconnection.com
Thu Oct 30 10:06:39 PDT 2014

It's totally OK to apply for an offgrid Fed ITC. Some state (like OR) will even give you a State ITC for offgrid. However, I did have an offgrid client a few years back who's ITC was questioned. The IRS wanted to know if the PVs were for real (Mitsubishi just makes cars and TVs, right?) and wanted to see his receipts. Once I provided them with a PV cut sheet and made sure he had a copy of the final bill, the IRS allowed the ITC and left him be.