[RE-wrenches] ITC for solar water pumping on a ranch

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Oct 29 21:15:49 PDT 2014

HI Eric,

The DSIRE website lists the incentives, there is no requirement for grid
tie.

Have your CPA or attorney verify, you can also query the IRS.

Ag systems filing Schedule F qualify for REAP grants from the USDA.

I have done several grants and we always add the ITC and depreciation.

REAP grants only apply to rural business uses, not residences.

On another completely different subject:

I started using CIGS modules with string inverters in the last several
months, and am very happy with the results.

Curiously on Monday a system facing 205, south by southwest at 4 in 12 slope
with 48 CIGS 150 mods on an SMA 6000TL was reading 6100 Watts under light
cloudy skies at 4 PM.

On Tuesday it was reading 5000 watts under clear skies at 1 PM a bit better
than expected.

Local PV research guy says CIGS like diffuse light.

Anybody else have experience with these kind of mods?

Dean T. Newberry

216 F St. #132

Davis, CA 95616

(530) 753-1900