[RE-wrenches] Pathfinder vs. Suneye

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Oct 28 22:48:42 PDT 2014

Dana:

You can evaluate multiple points with a Pathfinder, thusly:

1.    In case you were not aware, the little numbers in between the hours add up to 100% over a day.

2.    Create a spreadsheet with all of the numbers present.  Make it mimic the layout on the Pathfinder.

3.    For any given sample, you delete all of the numbers that correspond to shading.  This is easily done by viewing the image of the pathfinder and lassoing and deleting the shaded numbers until the spreadsheet looks like the Pathfinder.

4.    The remainder is the sun exposure percentage for the month.

5.    You take shading analysis samples at all of the points you desire.

6.    You calculate each point separately and then average the results for the different points on a month-by-month basis.

7.    See example spreadsheet below for one point with no shading.

Like any worthwhile project, this takes some time to set up, but it is then pretty effortless to use.  There is no cost for this do=it-yourself approach.

William

Example:

(Note the rows in the Pathfinder are not in chronological order. Your formulae will compensate for that.)

Gradient Cap_mini
Lic 773985
 <http://www.millersolar.com/> millersolar.com
805-438-5600