[RE-wrenches] warranty exclusions

Starlight Solar Power Systems, larry at starlightsolar.com
Sat Oct 25 13:00:07 PDT 2014

Rebecca,

This reminds me of a Sanyo grid tie system we quoted years ago to be installed in Yuma, AZ. After receiving the PV modules (11kW), I discovered that the warranty was void if the average temperature was above 104° F (40C). That means “no warranty” in Yuma and much of the desert SW. Fortunately the distributor exchanged the modules before we installed them. Panasonic later changed that to 115° F average. This exclusion is not written in the warranty, it was found in the installation instructions. Better read everything carefully before installing.

I think as the monetary systems of the world become more stressed, manufacturers in all industries are looking for reasons to deny claims to help prop up the bottom line. Buyer Beware.

Larry