[RE-wrenches] "PV wire"

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Thu Oct 23 21:46:11 PDT 2014

Seems to me that the best practice for TL inverters is to use
double-insulated conductors from the array string(s) to the combiner (if
used) to the inverter.

That said, there doesn't appear to be any written requirement in the NEC to
use double-jacketed conductors.  So as long at the conductor is duly listed
as "PV wire," it's OK to use in DC circuits with TL inverters.

marco

HI Marco

I think there has been a lot of bad/old information about PV vs double
insulated wire.

However now it only listed as PV wire.

690.35 D (3)

jay