[RE-wrenches] SMA DC Disconnect Switch failure

Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Thu Oct 16 14:42:23 PDT 2014

marco,

SMA has agreed to replace it. Have you had any trouble with the replacement disco(s)?

On Oct 16, 2014, at 2:24 PM, Marco Mangelsdorf <marco at pvthawaii.com> wrote:

Yes, I’ve had a number fail over the years, especially the no-longer-made DC/AC combo switches.

I’d get a warranty replacement from SMA…if it’s still covered.

marco

Wrenches,

Has anyone experienced failure of the SMA DC disconnect switch? It failed in less than 5 years and I wonder if I should replace it with an external DC disco or go back with their replacement.

Thanks,

Larry