[RE-wrenches] TL Inverters & Rapid Shutdown

Randy randy at positiveenergysolar.com
Thu Oct 9 09:41:12 PDT 2014

Hi Wrenches,

We are being forced to adopt 690.12 Rapid Shutdown requirement based on
several explanations given to our industry:

1.       otherwise we would be ignoring the life safety and put our fire
fighters lives in peril

2.     This product can be constructed from readily available,
over-the-counter code compliant components.  This (is) to be the intent of
CMP4 when compiling the NFPA 70.

We do not want to act like an industry that appears to be fighting against
safety. And we know there are a few products that are code compliant,
micro-inverters (don't comply with 705.12 (D) (6) because there are no
products), Solaredge, and Tigo (is it approved?) yet this is not how we
choose products.

And the SMA SPS inverter is not going to work in a 690.12 environment
without complications as far as I can see.

Appreciate comments that might support the right decision.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy Sadewic

Cell:    505 570-0137

 <mailto:Randy at PositiveEnergySolar.com> Randy at PositiveEnergySolar.com

http://positiveenergysolar.com/admin/content/uploads/PES-logo-3.jpg