[RE-wrenches] Monitor Display

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 11:52:27 PDT 2014

We fabricate steel roofs over any Tripowers that are in the sun. See below.
It's not just the displays, the inverters do not like the sun. SMA Germany
told me to make sure they are out of the sun.
See below.
[image: Inline image 1]

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 10:45 AM, frenergy <frenergy at psln.com> wrote:

>  Hey folks,
>
>         On a similar note.....I've been installing SMA since the SWR's and
> it seems even a little sunlight on the display window over time will cloud
> it up, making some even unreadable.  I've tried polishing with very little
> luck and replacing it is a b.......  I called SMA and they don't have a
> solution (not the tech I talked with).
>
>         I'm actually more concerned about my new installs with the nice
> display on the TLs.  I've built ventilated shade boxes when the inverter
> sees some direct sunlight, but a nice one takes some time to build and its
> wood and we know what wood does in time.
>
>         Has anybody tried a UV film of some kind, like a cling-on film or
> something similar.  Or found some sort of an eyebrow that can be glued
> above the display window.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill
> Feather River Solar Electric

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Solar Design Engineer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
264.235.5670
869.662.5670
Skype: netconcepts