[RE-wrenches] PV Array Definition and 690.47(D) (2008)

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Mon Sep 29 11:53:38 PDT 2014

We are 100% on the same page. That is the technique we use and the argument
I make. In a large proportion of cases we have modules directly above the
existing premises grounding electrode, or otherwise where an additional
grounding electrode would be "as close as practicable" to a location within
6 feet.

A 25MW plant presumably has several distinct structures on which it is
mounted. I can see the rationale for a GEC and electrode for each structure
in that scenario. But a single building with various roof faces is
technically a single mechanically integrated structure on which PV modules
are mounted.

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar