[RE-wrenches] Modules over vents

Benn Kilburn benn at skyfireenergy.com
Tue Sep 23 16:02:01 PDT 2014

We were given the go-ahead from a home builder whom we are doing lots of work for, to cover attic vents on their roofs, if necessary. These are typically about 4" off the roof.
I suspect covering plumbing vents may be ok as well but I'd be doubtful about combustion vents.
Did you mean 1.5" or 1.5' (as you typed)?

I'm actually just waiting to hear back from the home builder's plumbing department to find out what, if any, the minimum height for the plumbing/sewer vent is.  I'd like to cut them shorter in some cases where they will cause some shading on the array. It would be great if we could cut them right down to the 4" mark so we could go right over top of them.

benn