[RE-wrenches] Cooler Modules

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Mon Sep 15 07:18:45 PDT 2014

boB,

I am also surprised that FLIR was willing to provide a sub entry level
product. You might be aware FLIR was willing to show results of the
iPhone add-on using "simulated images". Most recently, FLIR has marketed
another FLIR (high end) product reportedly capable of identifying carbon
monoxide, see link below.

http://www.flir.com/thermography/americas/us/view/?id=51857

Unfortunately, according to a nationally recognized CO expert,
THIS IS A VERY, VERY DECEPTIVE ADVERTISEMENT.
THEY OBVIOUSLY SELECTED C O TO "PIN POINT" BECAUSE IT WOULD RESULT IN
GETTING THE MOST ATTENTION. THE MAXIMUM "BANG FOR THEIR BUCK?.

IN MY MIND FROM THIS DAY FORWARD FLIR WILL BE "CROOKS" ! ! !

Gentlemen: While FLIR may build some great thermal imaging products
using their own detectors, this kind of marketing hype detracts from
their credibility entirely. I hope the smart phone add-on does what it
promises to do.

Caveat emptor,

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar
314 631 1094

On 14-Sep-14 7:16 PM, boB at midnitesolar.com wrote:
> On 9/14/2014 5:01 PM, Dan Fink wrote:
>> But no Android FLIR One yet. Arrrgh!
>
> Supposedly Flir will be announcing something for the Android next year.
>
> Right now you can get this Android add on but it's expensive... ($999 ?)
>
> http://therm-app.com/
>
> The lenses are made of germanium and they are just not cheap.  I am
> surprised that
> a Flir-One will be available for under $400 !  If it's any good (and
> from Flir, it probably
> is), this is great !
>
> boB
>

>> Dan Fink
>> Buckville Energy
>> IREC Certified Instructor^(TM) for:
>> ~ PV Installation Professional
>> ~ Small Wind Installer
>> NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ Accredited Continuing Education Providers^(TM)
>> 970.672.4342
>>

>> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Michael Welch
>> <michael.welch at re-wrenches.org
>> <mailto:michael.welch at re-wrenches.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     For the iphone, under $400.
>>
>>     http://flir.com/flirone/