[RE-wrenches] Cooler Modules

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Sun Sep 14 16:30:58 PDT 2014

Absolutely right, Bill.
We have a couple of these cameras and they are very handy.

These cameras are also good for detecting high currents through fuses
(if you can see the
fuses) and bad connections, etc.

We had a Chinese module laying around (Astronergy  250W) and it was
sunny so I took a
few pix.  Short circuit and open circuit.

You can see at least 15 to 20 degrees C difference sometimes.   I will
have to check
some other modules but I don't know if any manufacturers match cells ?

These pix are from the back of the module.  You have to be careful of
reflections more
from the front.
The temperature at the top-left is where the crosshair cursor is and the
right scale is maximum (whitest) temperature and lowest (darkest)
temperature
in view.

http://www.eskimo.com/~bgudgel/IR_0050.jpg

http://www.eskimo.com/~bgudgel/IR_0094.jpg

Here is one with the module open circuit.  Note high and low
temperatures are around 44 C.

http://www.eskimo.com/~bgudgel/IR_0030.jpg