[RE-wrenches] Magnum Energy sold to tax dodger

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Sun Sep 7 11:54:07 PDT 2014

Dang, I was just shifting my off grid projects over to predominantly
Magnum.......
First Trace went to the darkside with Xantrex, then Outback started
hiring "no experience necessary" tech support personnel, and now Magnum
gets gobbled up.
Where is an aging off grid installer to turn to?  Start trying to refurb
Trace SW 4024s?:'(
There's always Exeltech; I definitely use them where pure sine is
needed, and there is no AC input available.   I see they list an ICX
2000 model that has a built in charger.  Anyone ever try one of those?

Any Chinese offerings that won't become the future's door stops?

Shall we use only the SMA Sunny Island, but then only off grid folks
with 6 figure incomes can have electricity?  (SMA should offer an
affordable Off grid inverter, with less bells and whistles in the 1500
to 2500 watt range..... just saying)

Sunday Rant off, back to work.....

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc