[RE-wrenches] Inverters Maximum Input Ratings

Matt Partymiller matt at solar-energy-solutions.com
Wed Aug 27 05:08:21 PDT 2014

Rebekah,

My understanding was that PVsyst modeled inverter nominal power not
maximum power.  I believe this helps to compensate for inverter
temperature limitations.  For instance, depending on inverter location and
power ratio, I would suppose that there may be instances where the
simulation could clip potential max power production.  This may balance
those instances where inverter temp derating would result in production
loss.

I would be curious to see how subhourly data could affect a simulation.
Admittedly not something I have thought about.

Matt

Matthew Partymiller
Solar Energy Solutions LLC
(877) 312-7456