[RE-wrenches] Inverters Maximum Input Ratings

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Aug 26 12:18:52 PDT 2014

Th one factor I don't think any of us have enough info on yet is the
reduced lifespan of the inverter. Heat kills electronics, and an
inverter that is running at max capacity more of the time will be
running hotter.  The MTBF (mean time between failures) is only going to
get worse at higher heat, so then question becomes how much worse?  With
lease programs and financing that uses up to 30 year projected
lifespans,  I think we're going to see some long term issues come back
to bite those that saved a few cents/ watt up front.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician