[RE-wrenches] Inverters Maximum Input Ratings

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Tue Aug 26 06:34:04 PDT 2014

Yes, as Matt pointed out, with PV prices much lower now, the economics
point toward erring on the side of oversizing the array. This should
provide benefits in later years as modules degrade, even if there is some
clipping in early years. It definitely reduces the cost per installed watt,
and since most comparisons at the end user level are done at a $/watt
level, it can provide a competitive advantage. On the other hand, it can
look like you are providing less value relative to a competitor that
provides a larger inverter relative to the array rating.

Very interesting discussion. Thanks for the replies.

Jason Szumlanski

​Fafco Solar​