[RE-wrenches] More Sunny Island power problems

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Sat Aug 16 12:37:32 PDT 2014

William,
One other option, if the AV crew can see the light, is replace the UPS with an inverter like Magnum MS1012 and a separate battery equal to the UPS capacity. The Magnum has broad input voltage and should the SB fail to provide power, the transfer time is likely fast enough (16ms) to replicate the UPS. Use a high Vac dropout setting in this case.

Just trying to think outside the box. I’ve done this in RV’s and it works fine.

Larry