[RE-wrenches] UPS disturbance with SMA Inverters

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Aug 5 12:08:31 PDT 2014

Bill:

We have extended these leads without consequence.

While I am a big E0Gauge fan, I'm not sure this is the tool for this job.
It looks like the requirement is to detect minute power quality problems
that might be affecting the UPS and I don't believe E-Gauge can detect
minute voltage changes or distortion on the waveform.

Interesting that this came up because I am having a very similar problem
with an SMA mini-grid system.  The customer has an expensive AV system and
the UPSs keep beeping.  I put a Dataq data acquisition system in place with
a high sample rate.  I am not sure this is the right tool either.  I can see
individual cycles and I can see the overall voltage, depending on the zoom
factor.  Finding one distorted wave or frequency excursion would be a real
challenge.

I think a purpose made recording power quality monitor is the proper tool.

Wm

Lic 773985
millersolar.com
805-438-5600