[RE-wrenches] Supply Side Interconnection - CT Cabinet

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:49:42 PDT 2014

Insulated taps are for voltage.
L1 is forward, L2 backward, so as to measure total current in both legs
with one CT.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:39 PM, Corey Shalanski <
cshalanski at joule-energy.com> wrote:

> Wrenches,
>
> One of our customers has a utility meter CT cabinet ahead of his main
> disconnect - please see attached image.
>
> I have never seen this arrangement and would be interested if anyone can
> explain why the conductors are run in this fashion: I assume the insulated
> taps are for voltage reference purposes or to power the meter? I also
> assume the large donut is the CT? Are the conductors run criss-crossed due
> to they're being 180 out of phase?
>
> We are more particularly interested in the correct location to make a
> supply side interconnection in order to ensure that all PV energy is
> properly metered (our utility installs net meters in place of the
> customer's original meter). Assuming that our AHJ approves of an
> interconnection inside the CT cabinet, where would we splice into the
> service conductors: load side of the CT?
>
> --
> Corey Shalanski
> Joule Energy
> New Orleans, LA

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Solar Design Engineer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
264.235.5670
869.662.5670
Skype: netconcepts