[RE-wrenches] Sunny Island retrofit

Mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 09:33:40 PDT 2014

Hi Wrenches,

Jerry, I think you are correct, sma gear all around would be best.  This
will be my recommendation but I am sensitive to this substantial cost.
Dave, if I add the second Sunny Island, I don't think I will be throttled
back because the transfer relays are rated for 60A.  This should pass the
full current of the output of the Fronius, which is 41.7A.  My concern is
more during backup mode, if the Sunny Islands could "trick" the Fronius
into staying on line.  I would add either load dump relay control or an AC
interrupt relay to knock the Fronius off-line if the batteries were full,
in addition to the frequency shift control that the Sunny Island offers.

Thanks for the input, I'll shoot for all SMA gear.

Thanks