[RE-wrenches] Combining Multiple Inverters

Jeff Irish jeff at hudsonsolar.com
Fri Jun 27 07:26:36 PDT 2014

I generally view data sheets as a sales tool from the manufacturer.  They sometimes differ from what is in the product manual.  If you look at the inverter manual, usually near the end you'll find the technical specifications and reference to the UL or other agency listing for the product, sometime even a copy of the listing letter.  I've seen this with SMA.  The specs and the listing information typically specify the maximum OCPD device rating.  I believe supplying an OCPD that meets that requirement is necessary for the listing to be valid.  Without a valid listing, your installation would not be NEC compliant.

Jeff Irish
Hudson Solar