[RE-wrenches] Lightning Damage - Need Replacements (Correction)

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 14:22:31 PDT 2014

Wrenches,

My apologies for an error.  When I was given information about the lightning-damaged equipment a few days ago, my friend was understandably a bit rattled after a direct lightning hit to his home, and inadvertently provided incorrect model numbers for the Outback charge controllers.  The correct models are listed below.  (As an added update, almost everything electrical in his home was destroyed.  He said wall cubes for his router and weather stations "exploded", with only small pieces scattered around to be swept up.)

Thank you.

Dan

A friend of mine experienced the destruction of major parts of his system in a recent lightning storm.  Everything was extensively grounded and protected, but he lives in an area with very high soil resistivity, so good earth ground is very difficult to achieve.  (The lightning hit his wind turbine tower directly.  Remarkably, his Bergey 10 kW survived, but everything else in his system got fried.)

He's looking for:

* Two Xantrex XW6048-120/240-60 inverters.  They are beyond repair.
* One Outback FX60
* One Outback FX80

New-old stock or used but in good working condition units are preferred.  (No failed/repaired units please.)

If anyone has any of these units available, or you know of any that are available, please contact me off-list.

Thank you.

Dan Lepinski