[RE-wrenches] Sheeting-attached roof mount

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Tue Jun 3 09:47:59 PDT 2014

I mentioned to Dave off-list that Sunmodo has a 4-hole base with
corresponding flashing that looks very promising.I like the product for
several reasons, especially being able to get two lags per attachment into
a truss.

In every case we leave it up to the engineers to determine the number of
attachments required, and we often exceed their minimum requirement.
Ultimately there may be some significant installation cost advantages to
reducing the need to locate and "hit" trusses, so exploring this method and
materials as an industry is worth the effort.

Jason Szumlanski

​Fafco Solar​