[RE-wrenches] 1000 volt conduit??

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 14:40:13 PDT 2014

Kirk,

That is correct. Raceways are not rated for voltage. The key is whether the
conductor is intended to be installed in a raceway or not. Raceways are also
allowed to be used for physical protection only for direct buried cables and
exposed cables. The raceway is only required to prevent physical damage in
those applications. The conduit is chosen based on what level of physical
damage is expected. For instance, Rigid Metallic Conduit is generally used
above ground in parking structures because of the possibility of being
struck by a vehicle.

Bill.