[RE-wrenches] Solar Edge Experience?

Kirpal Khalsa solarworks at gmail.com
Mon May 5 15:07:06 PDT 2014

August....we have a half dozen systems out there....They are all producing
with high efficiency and no failures yet....I think one advantage they have
over micro's is that your wire runs are made using 350VDC  and so you can
get up to 25 modules or  ~5200 watts per string ( which ever you hit
first)....where as with Enphase you are limited to 16 inverters.
Addtionally they have 300 watt optimizers which i like for the bigger 60
cell modules.  This means no clipping. That said Enphase has some
arguements why clipping isn't so bad.....
We have found there to be more labor on a Solar Edge installation as there
is both a central inverter and a rooftop box that needs installed.
All the communications to their web site has been working perfectly so far.
 As does the communication between the inverters and optimizers.
Make sure to get the proper module connectors that match your solar panels.

Good luck.

Sunny Regards,
Kirpal Khalsa
Renewable Energy Systems