[RE-wrenches] Flexible stranded Connectors

James Jefferson Jarvis jj at aprsworld.com
Wed Apr 30 09:35:19 PDT 2014

What I have done, and it passed muster of my AHJ, is to use a dual wire
aluminum set screw lug (see picture) that is connected to the SI lug
with two round copper 1/2" diameter "slugs". The cables from the battery
then attach to the bolt hole on the set screw lug using a ring terminal.
That allowed me to land MTW wire. There is plenty of room in the wire
compartment and it actually looks pretty good.

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture, or I would post it here for
hall-of-shame purposes. But the AHJ liked it and it has been working for
a year now. It certainly cost me a whole bunch of time tempered my
interest in Sunny Island inverters.

--
-James Jefferson Jarvis
APRS World, LLC