[RE-wrenches] Solar World shattered module

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Apr 21 21:58:12 PDT 2014

The bottom corner modules are the likeliest to be damaged by somebody or
something moving past the array. I'd check for any damage on the edge of
the frame.  I had kids run a vehicle into a pole mounted array once. No
one would cop to it, but I found the matching damage on the roll cage of
the electric cart.

Elk, deer, cows, bears, kids, can all shatter a module.  I found the
tempered glass is all or nothing,  and completely shatters across the
entire face when it does finally break.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,