[RE-wrenches] Flashings vs Sealants

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Sat Apr 19 14:03:02 PDT 2014

Tom,

"polyurethane tripolymer sealants while excellent sealants ARE NOT
COMPATIBLE WITH ASPHALT SHINGLES"

That's not accurate. Geocel 2300, a tri-polymer sealant, specifically lists
asphalt shingles as a compatible substrate.
See:
http://www.geocelusa.com/roofing/2300a-construction-tripolymer-sealant-detail.html

Jason Szumlanski

​Fafco Solar​