[RE-wrenches] Golf Cart Array

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Apr 11 19:30:04 PDT 2014

I played around with several golf carts and arrays.  One thing to
consider is possibly dropping to 24 v battery bank.  My cart lost some
top speed, but was actually a bit peppier to drive thanks to 130 lb
weight loss.  That would let you use a newer lower voltage module
possibly.  Just an idearrrr.
Also I had an array that was slightly wider, and it wasn't a head
buster.  We gave they whole cart a 4" lift and bigger tires and truck bed.

I found I actually downsized the array twice, as just running around my
property didn't really add up to that many miles a day.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician