[RE-wrenches] walkways installed on solar racking

Mark Richardson MRichardson at NewYorkLightEnergy.com
Tue Apr 1 14:03:34 PDT 2014

We have used a seam clamp (like S-5!, etc.) and attached traditional roofing brackets to the clamps to create walking surfaces in addition to using a seam safe anchor for fall arrest.
http://www.constructionspecialtyanchors.com/products/seamsafe-roof-anchor-portable-safety-standing-seam-roof-fall-protection

Happy to discuss off-list...

[USLE Email Signature (240x42)]
Mark Richardson
Production Manager
CELL: 518-965-4148

From: re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org [mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of Nick Vida
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 2:54 PM
To: wrenches
Subject: [RE-wrenches] walkways installed on solar racking

Hello Wrenches,

I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with installing working platforms or catwalks over solar rails. The application would be a standing seam roof not suitable to walk on. We are trying to find a way to install a mechanical system while also providing a walking surface. Any ideas or notable products?

Thanks so much.

Nick Vida