[RE-wrenches] NEC 690.10(C) talking points

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Wed Mar 19 20:47:07 PDT 2014

Dan,

        If your client is stuck on the idea of a stick welder, the 120 volt models are pretty cheesy...240V is the way to go.  However, I've welded many miles of steel with a Miller 120 volt wire feed machine that does 3/16" material easy and 1/4" if the joint design is set up right.  Yes, the 120 volt MIG machines are more money than the 120 volt stick welders, but they will weld 98% of everything most folks need.

        I power my wire feed with 2, FX 3524's set up for 120V only and have never in about 15 years now, had a problem.  One FX?....don't know.

Bill

Feather River Solar Electric
4291 Nelson St.
Taylorsville, CA  95983