[RE-wrenches] Uni-Solar, Kaneka.now Panasonic?

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Mar 14 13:17:27 PDT 2014

Thanks for your reply August. I'm quite surprised that you have two Uni-Solar systems not performing well. Third party testing consistently proved them the top performer. (eg. Santa Cruz and Tucson sites) With my experience both on and off grid, I am convinced.

Panasonic was great because, in addition to performance, it also had very high efficiency. In my world of cramming 2kW+ PV arrays on the roof of an RV or boat, that is also a necessity. Example: Here's todays job; the last of my Panasonic stock, 1410 Watts on a 40' coach. No possible way to do this with standard 60 cell modules.

Bottom line for me is, someone has a best and worst performing PV module just like someone has the most efficient. Glad to hear your SunPower installs are producing above expectations. That's probably what I will go with.

Larry