[RE-wrenches] Unusual problem with SMA TL inverter on metal roof

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 07:23:00 PDT 2014

Do NOT connect chokes from any of the PV leads to ground.  It will create a DC path where no DC path should exist.  It's hazardous, and can/will destroy the inverter.

Inductance is indeed an offset to capacitance in many situations .. but this is not one of them.

Dan Lepinski

Professional Inverter Design Engineer (among many other things...)