[RE-wrenches] Flourescent lamps

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Mon Mar 10 12:48:15 PDT 2014

Kevin,

Did the XW replace the Magnum PAE model or the AE earlier version?

Thanks.

Larry

On Mar 8, 2014, at 10:15 AM, Kevin Pegg <kpegg at energyalternatives.ca> wrote:

Yes, and have noticed a fair bit of light flicker when other loads kick in. In this particular office setting, it was laser printers as they warm  up and periodically keep the fuser warm there would be several seconds of really annoying light flicker. Fridge cycling on would also flicker for a few seconds. We didn't spend time trying to mitigate; the client insisted we move to another inverter (XW) which we did and the problem vanished.

If your loads are only the T8's it's probably fine. Had no issue with them on their own, started fine, no buzz, etc.

Kevin