[RE-wrenches] wrenches] AC Backfeed from Radian.

john cvsolar at aol.com
Sun Feb 16 22:00:25 PST 2014

Jason,
   Thanks for the quick response.  I didn't actually connect the autostart wires myself so I will double check tomorrow to make sure we attached to the Aux relay and not the Aux 12v terminals on the Radian.
The system has been running for almost a year and at times was working flawlessly which kind of indicates we wired everything correctly.  I have found that the newer Kohler RES series seem
to have a lot more problems than the old 8.5.RMY   We just retired an 8.5 on a mountaintop transmitter site.  It still runs fine after over 4000 hours but just stops putting out AC after about 20 minutes.
We replaced it with a Generac EcoGen last April so we will see how that holds up to the abuse.  We have over 1200 hours on it already with no problems.

I will get the serial number tomorrow.

John