[RE-wrenches] DC Series Fusing in inverters

Jerry Shafer jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 09:08:26 PST 2014

We have not had any issues with fuses blowing in the field without cause.
If a module has a ISC for 9.44 a 15 amp fuse is plenty but it sounded like
the sunpower string was being combined elsewhere then you need to use the
lug in the middle of the SMA combiner fuse holders its there to bypass the
fuses altogether. You still need protection somewhere in the system between
the modules and inverter with few exceptions.
Jerry