[RE-wrenches] 72-cell modules

Bill Hoffer sunengser at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 13:56:21 PST 2014

Tump

Try Silevo<http://silevosolar.com/category/product/cells-modules/triex-solar-cell/>,
they are currently making a 125mm 72 cell module in China.  This is thier
36MW proof of concept plant ( lower cost HIT technology like Sanyo ,
cystalline cell with amorphous coating giving higher efficiency and better
lower temperature coefficient for hot climates.  Apparently the pilot plant
in CA is making the 60 cell version.  They are breaking ground on a large
plant in New York to make 156mm cells and 60 and 72 cell full size modules.
 Looks pretty promising as a technology and these guys have done their
homework.  Interesting they are using semi-conductor etching and copper
depositing for the fingers rather than silver paste, which has decreased
costs and processing steps along with improving efficiency, allowing them
to offer the technology at a more competitive ( although still premium)
price than  Sanyo Hits were available for.  Should be close to the foot
print you need and have a better power density than you had.

Bill

William Hoffer
161 SE Fourth Ave
P.O. Box 1823