[RE-wrenches] NEC 2014 690.12 Rapid Shutdown

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 31 06:45:19 PST 2014

Brian,

UL1741, Section 64.11 stipulates the discharge time for capacitors at less than five minutes.

Though the context of this Section specifically addresses capacitors that are accessible by some aspect of inverter disassembly, it would also be appropriate to extend its applicability to DC terminals across which capacitors are connected and are otherwise accessible by an external means, such as DC conductors.

Dan Lepinski