[RE-wrenches] Tray cable with PV-Wire on roof

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Tue Jan 28 13:48:20 PST 2014

Hi Davis,

I have used Snake Tray with good results:

http://www.snaketray.com/product-catalog/solar-snake-tray/

In our case we did not use a cover although I have some concern about
longevity of USE-2/PV wire in the sun. I've never actually seen USE-2 or PV
wire become damaged to the point of no return from sun exposure although
the color definitely fades. We also bonded both ends of the tray per NEC
250.97 which added a little complexity to the installation. NEC article 392
Cable Trays is worth reading if you haven't already.

-August

August Goers

Principal

Luminalt Energy Corporation