[RE-wrenches] Tray cable with PV-Wire on roof

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 12:38:23 PST 2014

Davis - Cope makes covers for their Ladder cable tray system:

http://copecabletray.com/e-document/Cope-WEB-1-23-12/#?page=52

I am a fan.  Cable tray systems can be easier to work with than conduit for
long roof-top runs and decrease the likelihood of faults due to thermal
movement of the raceway.  There was a lively discussion around this topic
about a year ago, but I would be very interested to hear more wrenches'
viewpoints on the subject as cable tray usage in PV systems seems to be on
the rise.

For a brighter energy future,

Andrew Truitt

Principal
Truitt Renewable Energy Consulting, LLC

(202) 486-7507

LinkedIn Profile <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-truitt/8/622/713>

Company Website <http://truittreconsulting.weebly.com/>

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional ID: 032407-66

Colorado Journeyman Electrician License No.: 600132

 <%28202%29%20486-7507>

[image: 24 copy.jpg]

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough