[RE-wrenches] EGC ground impedance

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 13:29:15 PST 2014

Gary - The tool is designed to measure the ground impedance for a grounding
electrode by measuring the impedance through the earth and back through the
service ground (which is assumed to have near zero impedance).  I think it
induces a current in the conductor and determines how much EMF it takes to
push those electrons (R = V / I).  For this to work it only measures a
single connection to earth, and all other connections to earth are
basically the return path.  I was trying to use it on a system without a
return path so it makes sense that I was getting a high reading.

For a brighter energy future,

Andrew Truitt

Principal
Truitt Renewable Energy Consulting, LLC

(202) 486-7507

LinkedIn Profile <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-truitt/8/622/713>

Company Website <http://truittreconsulting.weebly.com/>

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional ID: 032407-66

Colorado Journeyman Electrician License No.: 600132

 <%28202%29%20486-7507>

[image: 24 copy.jpg]

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough