[RE-wrenches] Racking System - Identification Help

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Tue Jun 3 08:11:31 PDT 2014

Jason, thanks for the comment! I agree that systems could connect to
just sheathing and stay on the roof- I think Zilla has a product that
does this too. My concern about wind resistance stems from the fact that
there appeared to be an engineer's stamp on the Unirac calcs with lag
screws and then something completely different was installed in the
field. It's likely that this installer has used this same mounting
system in windier coastal areas so hopefully their fastener selection
had some informed analysis... I didn't see any, though.

And to be clear, I'm not looking to overrule another PE if it is in fact
an engineered system and it's just that the wrong set of plans got
submitted to the building department.

DKC