[RE-wrenches] Article 690, or The Haves Vs. Have Nots

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Wed Apr 30 05:08:17 PDT 2014

Each microinverter string needs dedicated overcurrent protection. If
combining strings on the roof for a single run back to the interconnection
point, you need each string to have it's own breaker/fuse. The other option
is to run each string back to the interconnection point separately, but for
a 10kW system you have to do a supply side connection anyway on as typical
200A service, so combining strings somewhere is necessary, and a single run
from the roof makes sense in many cases.

Jason Szumlanski

​Fafco Solar​