[RE-wrenches] Stainless NEMA4x load center, SolarDeck w/ breakers

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Wed Apr 23 13:23:12 PDT 2014

While the interior of a raceway in a wet location is considered a wet
location, the interior of a NEMA 3R enclosure is not. The breakers need not
be listed for use in wet locations. That's the interpretation of all area
AHJs here, and there is tons of evidence to support this logical conclusion
(NM cable into exterior mounted NEMA 3R disconnects, switch enclosures;
NEMA 1 enclosures inside larger NEMA 3R enclosures, etc.)

I hope I didn't just open a can or worms... :)

Jason Szumlanski

​Fafco Solar​