[RE-wrenches] Stainless NEMA4x load center, SolarDeck w/ breakers

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Wed Apr 23 10:50:45 PDT 2014

Here is exactly what I ordered:

(1) RST0760-41AD Soladeck AC/DC Combiner Box
(1) RST0784AC-3K Soladeck AC 3 Circuit Busbar Kit
(2) RST1455.20 ABB Mini Circuit Breaker 120/240VAC 20A
(1) RST1455.15 ABB Mini Circuit Breaker 120/240VAC 15A
(1) RST1440.080 Soladeck Power Block 600V 80A

​This model has a cover that is bumped out to fit breakers. Here is a pic
of the closed up box.

​[image: Inline image 1]

Again, I'm not really happy with the way I brought the Enphase cables into
this ​Soladeck. The knockout center-points provided by the manufacturer are
too close together to accommodate five water-tight glands, so I used some
offsets to make more space. If it wasn't my own house, I would have wanted
it to look much prettier for a customer.

One thing I highly recommend is along the top and sides to use sealant as
indicated in the manual, then sprinkle a generous amount of granules in the
sealant. Otherwise the cover and your fingers get gummed up when taking the
cover off.

​The manufacturer's website and documentation is woefully inadequate for
this product. They need to clarify it, obviously, based on this discussion
if they want to sell more. It's a great solution IMO.​

Jason Szumlansk​i

Fafco Solar