[RE-wrenches] 1000V System Wiring Details

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Thu Mar 27 07:06:35 PDT 2014

Hi William,

I should have clarified that I was speaking about commercial system with
the Sunny Tripower or Power-One Trio type 1000 V string inverters. Many
commercial roofs have stairwell access which makes getting the inverters
up and then later servicing them relatively easy. But, yes, we have also
used lifts to get inverters on the roof which does add an expense.
Typically we get the inverters up with the same equipment that we use to
lift up the modules and racking as you mention below. There is the
potential maintenance cost issue down the road if they need to be RMA'd.
Mostly I think it makes sense for larger commercial systems.

Best,

August